Thursday, April 24, 2014

Disney Princesses

Posted by Jessie Suchomel at 10:40 PM
  Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to draw. I'll draw, paint, or sketch just about anything, but my medium-of-choice is definitely Prismacolor Double-tipped Premium Art Markers (which can be purchased here.) These markers glide across the page in stunning, vivid colors and blend magnificently. I have an enormous collection of these markers stashed in a shoebox that I pull out whenever I feel the need to splurge my creativity.
  Now I will draw just about anything from a vast landscape scene to a cartoon drawing of a hamburger. But my absolute favorite thing to draw is...PEOPLE!! I love designing their outfits, styling their hair, and capturing their personality, mood, and feelings into their features and movements. Often when I draw, people will look over my shoulder and ask, "Who is that supposed to be?" The thing is, I often don't draw real people or real scenes, just characters and ideas from my head. Even so, every person I draw has a story, a background.
  Despite the fact that I almost always draw my own made-up characters, I will occasionally draw something people will recognize. For example, the Disney princesses! I love the princesses; Rapunzel is probably my favorite. Part of the reason I wanted to draw all of them was to experiment with different racial features, and the line of Disney princesses is actually very diverse. Mostly though, I chose to draw the princesses because I am truly a little kid at heart and I just love Disney!

-The Disney Princesses-
Art by Jessie Suchomel
Elsa, Queen of Arendelle
More Queen Elsa
Princess Anna, oh, and Olaf :-)
A cheerful Princess Anna
Princess Merida, being brave
My first try on Rapunzel...
Oh, I loved how this one turned out!
Princess Tiana, with her little frog prince
Mulan, with Mushu and the little cricket guy
Pocahontas, painted in all the colors of the wind
Princess Jasmine, gotta love those pants
Then there's Belle, the bookworm
 Ariel and all her buddies
 Princess Aurora, and her guardian fairies
Cinderella, that dress :D

Snow White, the first and youngest Disney princess

I hope you like them, comment if you want me to post a tutorial for anything!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Daily Diversions Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos